Job announcement and description
The Environmental Health Association of Quebec (ASEQ-EHAQ) is a non-profit, charitable organisation that aims to improve the well-being of individuals experiencing Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS). We create projects that promote social inclusion, provide ecological solutions for everyday living and promote healthy solutions for all applications. We currently have close to 2000 members from across Canada who benefit from and participate in our numerous projects and support and training services.
If you are passionate about the environment, health and justice and want to be part of making change through education and creating awareness and outreach, that will touch millions of lives in Canada, we have a job for you! We are inviting you to join our small but mighty team that works towards these goals.
Project Coordinator (Researcher)
ASEQ-EHAQ is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator (Researcher) to work towards the protection of environmental health through research, community outreach, education and awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager in the delivery of the project objectives to ensure deadlines are met and work is completed.
- Develop and enact a research plan to generate content in consultation with an advisory committee.
- Translate research content into accessible resources for disability communities and the general public.
- Attend and present at meetings for project committees, presentations, and special events.
- Present research content to supervisors and advisory committees for information verification and feedback.
- Answer questions based on research to direct clients asking for support to the appropriate information.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, create and monitor methods for evaluating the success of the project.
- Ensure appropriate collection of information is included in interim reports on the project, and all funder obligations are met.
- Support and assist in the generation of project reports to the project funder.
- Carry out action plans as dictated by the Project Manager.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Masters degree in social sciences (political science, public policy, sociology, etc.), legal domain, or other relevant degree
- 2 years experience with research
- Experience with policy or legal research (asset)
- Skilled in creating surveys and integrating feedback into the project
- Ability to translate complex information for multiple audiences including the general public
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to take and effectively adapt to constructive criticism and feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Experience in the non-profit sector (asset)
- Experience working with people with disabilities (asset)
- Knowledge of the disability of multiple chemical sensitivity (asset)
$35 an hour/ 35 hours a week – 2-year contract till end of project (2 years). Remote work.
If you meet the requirements to fulfil this position, we encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to ASEQ-EHAQ at firstname.lastname@example.org