The Environmental Health Association of Québec is a charitable organization dedicated to helping people who suffer from environmental sensitivities (ES). We recognize the suffering caused by this disability and provide concrete solutions for better management of this health condition. The following are some examples of the work we do.
- Work on an affordable, ecological and healthy housing project for people suffering from ES. This housing project will be built on 25 acres in the Laurentians and will consist of 40 units and a community centre, organic gardens and nature trails. This will be a model for the building and planning of future communities and cities. Concept, design, materials and every aspect of this project will focus keenly on healthy materials to respect human health and the environment.
- Provide resources for healthy materials/products for all aspects of daily life (personal, cleaning, laundry, maintenance, construction).
- Promote ecological solutions and the least toxic strategies for the preservation of our environment for future generations.
- Educate the population on environmental sensitivities and ways to minimize exposures to known and suspected toxic substances (toxic products, pesticides, etc.), as well as promote strategies with the least toxins to help prevent environmental sensitivities.
- Support people who suffer from environmental sensitivities by providing information and services to help improve their quality of life.
- Collaborate in Research and Knowledge Translation by addressing links between environmental exposures and health; research in all aspects of environmental health and environmental sensitivities including underlying mechanisms; diagnostic and treatment methods for environmental sensitivities; and impacts of toxics use reduction.